1. catch - noun
· a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident; "it sounds good but what's the catch?"
2. catch - noun
· the quantity that was caught; "the catch was only 10 fish"
3. catch - noun
· a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
4. catch - noun
· anything that is caught (especially if it is worth catching); "he shared his catch with the others"
5. catch - noun
· a break or check in the voice (usually a sign of strong emotion)
6. catch - noun
· a restraint that checks the motion of something; "he used a book as a stop to hold the door open"
7. catch - noun
· a fastener that fastens or locks a door or window
8. catch - noun
· a cooperative game in which a ball is passed back and forth; "he played catch with his son in the backyard"
9. catch - noun
· the act of catching an object with the hands; "Mays made the catch with his back to the plate"; "he made a grab for the ball before it landed"; "Martin's snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"; "the infielder's snap and throw was a single motion"
10. catch - noun
· the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal); "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
11. catch - verb
· discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly; catch somebody doing something or in a certain state; "She caught her son eating candy"; "She was caught shoplifting"
12. catch - verb
· perceive with the senses quickly, suddenly, or momentarily; "I caught the aroma of coffee"; "He caught the allusion in her glance"; "ears open to catch every sound"; "The dog picked up the scent"; "Catch a glimpse"
13. catch - verb
· reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot; "the rock caught her in the back of the head"; "The blow got him in the back"; "The punch caught him in the stomach"
14. catch - verb
· take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of; "Catch the ball!"; "Grab the elevator door!"
15. catch - verb
· succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase; "We finally got the suspect"; "Did you catch the thief?"
16. catch - verb
· to hook or entangle; "One foot caught in the stirrup"
17. catch - verb
· attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter"
18. catch - verb
· capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping; "I caught a rabbit in the trap today"
19. catch - verb
· reach in time; "I have to catch a train at 7 o'clock"
20. catch - verb
· get or regain something necessary, usually quickly or briefly; "Catch some sleep"; "catch one's breath"
21. catch - verb
· catch up with and possibly overtake; "The Rolls Royce caught us near the exit ramp"
22. catch - verb
· be struck or affected by; "catch fire"; "catch the mood"
23. catch - verb
· check oneself during an action; "She managed to catch herself before telling her boss what was on her mind"
24. catch - verb
· hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers; "We overheard the conversation at the next table"
25. catch - verb
· see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
26. catch - verb
· cause to become accidentally or suddenly caught, ensnared, or entangled; "I caught the hem of my dress in the brambles"
27. catch - verb
· detect a blunder or misstep; "The reporter tripped up the senator"
28. catch - verb
· grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of; "did you catch that allusion?"; "We caught something of his theory in the lecture"; "don't catch your meaning"; "did you get it?"; "She didn't get the joke"; "I just don't get him"
29. catch - verb
· contract; "did you catch a cold?"
30. catch - verb
· start burning; "The fire caught"
31. catch - verb
· perceive by hearing; "I didn't catch your name"; "She didn't get his name when they met the first time"
32. catch - verb
· suffer from the receipt of; "She will catch hell for this behavior!"
33. catch - verb
· attract; cause to be enamored; "She captured all the men's hearts"
34. catch - verb
· apprehend and reproduce accurately; "She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings"; "She got the mood just right in her photographs"
35. catch - verb
· take in and retain; "We have a big barrel to catch the rainwater"
36. catch - verb
· spread or be communicated; "The fashion did not catch"
37. catch - verb
· be the catcher; "Who is catching?"
38. catch - verb
· become aware of; "he caught her staring out the window"
39. catch - verb
· delay or hold up; prevent from proceeding on schedule or as planned; "I was caught in traffic and missed the meeting"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.