1. hit - noun
· (baseball) a successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball); "he came all the way around on Williams' hit"
2. hit - noun
· the act of contacting one thing with another; "repeated hitting raised a large bruise"; "after three misses she finally got a hit"
3. hit - noun
· a conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"
4. hit - noun
· (physics) a brief event in which two or more bodies come together; "the collision of the particles resulted in an exchange of energy and a change of direction"
5. hit - noun
· a dose of a narcotic drug
6. hit - noun
· a murder carried out by an underworld syndicate; "it has all the earmarks of a Mafia hit"
7. hit - noun
· a connection made via the internet to another website; "WordNet gets many hits from users worldwide"
8. hit - verb
· cause to move by striking; "hit a ball"
9. hit - verb
· hit against; come into sudden contact with; "The car hit a tree"; "He struck the table with his elbow"
10. hit - verb
· deal a blow to, either with the hand or with an instrument; "He hit her hard in the face"
11. hit - verb
· reach a destination, either real or abstract; "We hit Detroit by noon"; "The water reached the doorstep"; "We barely made it to the finish line"; "I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts"
12. hit - verb
· affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely; "We were hit by really bad weather"; "He was stricken with cancer when he was still a teenager"; "The earthquake struck at midnight"
13. hit - verb
· hit with a missile from a weapon
14. hit - verb
· encounter by chance; "I stumbled across a long-lost cousin last night in a restaurant"
15. hit - verb
· gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season"
16. hit - verb
· cause to experience suddenly; "Panic struck me"; "An interesting idea hit her"; "A thought came to me"; "The thought struck terror in our minds"; "They were struck with fear"
17. hit - verb
· make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target; "The Germans struck Poland on Sept. 1, 1939"; "We must strike the enemy's oil fields"; "in the fifth inning, the Giants struck, sending three runners home to win the game 5 to 2"
18. hit - verb
· kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
19. hit - verb
· drive something violently into a location; "he hit his fist on the table"; "she struck her head on the low ceiling"
20. hit - verb
· reach a point in time, or a certain state or level; "The thermometer hit 100 degrees"; "This car can reach a speed of 140 miles per hour"
21. hit - verb
· produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments; "The pianist strikes a middle C"; "strike `z' on the keyboard"
22. hit - verb
· hit the intended target or goal
23. hit - verb
· pay unsolicited and usually unwanted sexual attention to; "He tries to hit on women in bars"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.