1. control - noun
· power to direct or determine; "under control"
2. control - noun
· a relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group) by another; "measures for the control of disease"; "they instituted controls over drinking on campus"
3. control - noun
· (physiology) regulation or maintenance of a function or action or reflex etc; "the timing and control of his movements were unimpaired"; "he had lost control of his sphincters"
4. control - noun
· a standard against which other conditions can be compared in a scientific experiment; "the control condition was inappropriate for the conclusions he wished to draw"
5. control - noun
· the activity of managing or exerting control over something; "the control of the mob by the police was admirable"
6. control - noun
· the state that exists when one person or group has power over another; "her apparent dominance of her husband was really her attempt to make him pay attention to her"
7. control - noun
· discipline in personal and social activities; "he was a model of polite restraint"; "she never lost control of herself"
8. control - noun
· great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity; "a good command of French"
9. control - noun
· a mechanism that controls the operation of a machine; "the speed controller on his turntable was not working properly"; "I turned the controls over to her"
10. control - noun
· a spiritual agency that is assumed to assist the medium during a seance
11. control - noun
· the economic policy of controlling or limiting or curbing prices or wages etc.; "they wanted to repeal all the legislation that imposed economic controls"
12. control - verb
· exercise authoritative control or power over; "control the budget"; "Command the military forces"
13. control - verb
· lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
14. control - verb
· handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
15. control - verb
· maintain influence over (others or oneself) skillfully, usually to one's advantage; "She manipulates her boss"; "She is a very controlling mother and doesn't let her children grow up"; "The teacher knew how to keep the class in line"; "she keeps in line"
16. control - verb
· check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard; "Are you controlling for the temperature?"
17. control - verb
· place under restrictions; limit access to by law; "this substance is controlled"; "that area is restricted to security personnel only"
18. control - verb
· verify by using a duplicate register for comparison; "control an account"
19. control - verb
· be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
20. control - verb
· have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of; "Do you control these data?"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.