1. stop - noun
· the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"
2. stop - noun
· the act of stopping something; "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"; "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood"
3. stop - noun
· a brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends"
4. stop - noun
· the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
5. stop - noun
· a spot where something halts or pauses; "his next stop is Atlanta"
6. stop - noun
· a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it; "his stop consonants are too aspirated"
7. stop - noun
· a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"
8. stop - noun
· (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes; "the organist pulled out all the stops"
9. stop - noun
· a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens; "the new cameras adjust the diaphragm automatically"
10. stop - noun
· a restraint that checks the motion of something; "he used a book as a stop to hold the door open"
11. stop - noun
· an obstruction in a pipe or tube; "we had to call a plumber to clear out the blockage in the drainpipe"
12. stop - verb
· come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"
13. stop - verb
· put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother"
14. stop - verb
· stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"
15. stop - verb
· interrupt a trip; "we stopped at Aunt Mary's house"; "they stopped for three days in Florence"
16. stop - verb
· cause to stop; "stop a car"; "stop the thief"
17. stop - verb
· prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations"
18. stop - verb
· hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
19. stop - verb
· seize on its way; "The fighter plane was ordered to intercept an aircraft that had entered the country's airspace"
20. stop - verb
· have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
21. stop - verb
· render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
22. stop - verb
· stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments; "Hold on a moment!"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.