1. place - noun
· a point located with respect to surface features of some region; "this is a nice place for a picnic"; "a bright spot on a planet"
2. place - noun
· any area set aside for a particular purpose; "who owns this place?"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
3. place - noun
· an abstract mental location; "he has a special place in my thoughts"; "a place in my heart"; "a political system with no place for the less prominent groups"
4. place - noun
· a general vicinity; "He comes from a place near Chicago"
5. place - noun
· the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another; "can you go in my stead?"; "took his place"; "in lieu of"
6. place - noun
· a particular situation; "If you were in my place what would you do?"
7. place - noun
· where you live at a particular time; "deliver the package to my home"; "he doesn't have a home to go to"; "your place or mine?"
8. place - noun
· a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
9. place - noun
· the particular portion of space occupied by something; "he put the lamp back in its place"
10. place - noun
· proper or designated social situation; "he overstepped his place"; "the responsibilities of a man in his station"; "married above her station"
11. place - noun
· a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane); "he booked their seats in advance"; "he sat in someone else's place"
12. place - noun
· the passage that is being read; "he lost his place on the page"
13. place - noun
· proper or appropriate position or location; "a woman's place is no longer in the kitchen"
14. place - noun
· a public square with room for pedestrians; "they met at Elm Plaza"; "Grosvenor Place"
15. place - noun
· an item on a list or in a sequence; "in the second place"; "moved from third to fifth position"
16. place - noun
· a blank area; "write your name in the space provided"
17. place - verb
· put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
18. place - verb
· place somebody in a particular situation or location; "he was placed on probation"
19. place - verb
· assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
20. place - verb
· assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
21. place - verb
· to arrange for; "place a phone call"; "place a bet"
22. place - verb
· take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
23. place - verb
· intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
24. place - verb
· recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something; "She identified the man on the `wanted' poster"
25. place - verb
· assign to (a job or a home)
26. place - verb
· locate; "The film is set in Africa"
27. place - verb
· estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
28. place - verb
· identify the location or place of; "We localized the source of the infection"
29. place - verb
· make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
30. place - verb
· assign to a station
31. place - verb
· finish second or better in a horse or dog race; "he bet $2 on number six to place"
32. place - verb
· sing a note with the correct pitch
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.