1. lay - noun
· a narrative song with a recurrent refrain
2. lay - noun
· a narrative poem of popular origin
3. lay - verb
· put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
4. lay - verb
· put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
5. lay - verb
· prepare or position for action or operation; "lay a fire"; "lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
6. lay - verb
· lay eggs; "This hen doesn't lay"
7. lay - verb
· impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
8. lie - verb
· be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position
9. lie - verb
· be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position; "The sick man lay in bed all day"; "the books are lying on the shelf"
10. lie - verb
· originate (in); "The problems dwell in the social injustices in this country"
11. lie - verb
· be and remain in a particular state or condition; "lie dormant"
12. lie - verb
· tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive; "Don't lie to your parents"; "She lied when she told me she was only 29"
13. lie - verb
· have a place in relation to something else; "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
14. lie - verb
· assume a reclining position; "lie down on the bed until you feel better"
15. lay - adjective
· characteristic of those who are not members of the clergy; "set his collar in laic rather than clerical position"; "the lay ministry"
16. lay - adjective
· not of or from a profession; "a lay opinion as to the cause of the disease"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.