1. rest - noun
· something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
2. rest - noun
· freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
3. rest - noun
· a pause for relaxation; "people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests"
4. rest - noun
· a state of inaction; "a body will continue in a state of rest until acted upon"
5. rest - noun
· euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb); "she was laid to rest beside her husband"; "they had to put their family pet to sleep"
6. rest - noun
· a support on which things can be put; "the gun was steadied on a special rest"
7. rest - noun
· a musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration
8. rest - verb
· not move; be in a resting position
9. rest - verb
· take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
10. rest - verb
· give a rest to; "He rested his bad leg"; "Rest the dogs for a moment"
11. rest - verb
· have a place in relation to something else; "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
12. rest - verb
· be at rest
13. rest - verb
· stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
14. rest - verb
· be inherent or innate in
15. rest - verb
· put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying; "Rest your head on my shoulder"
16. rest - verb
· sit, as on a branch; "The birds perched high in the tree"
17. rest - verb
· rest on or as if on a pillow; "pillow your head"
18. rest - verb
· be inactive, refrain from acting; "The committee is resting over the summer"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.