1. sit - verb
· be seated
2. sit - verb
· be around, often idly or without specific purpose; "The object sat in the corner"; "We sat around chatting for another hour"
3. sit - verb
· take a seat
4. sit - verb
· be in session; "When does the court of law sit?"
5. sit - verb
· assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
6. sit - verb
· sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions; "She never sat a horse!"; "Did you ever ride a camel?"; "The girl liked to drive the young mare"
7. sit - verb
· be located or situated somewhere; "The White House sits on Pennsylvania Avenue"
8. sit - verb
· work or act as a baby-sitter; "I cannot baby-sit tonight; I have too much homework to do"
9. sit - verb
· show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
10. sit - verb
· serve in a specific professional capacity; "the priest sat for confession"; "she sat on the jury"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.