1. stand - noun
· a support or foundation; "the base of the lamp"
2. stand - noun
· the position where a thing or person stands
3. stand - noun
· a growth of similar plants (usually trees) in a particular area; "they cut down a stand of trees"
4. stand - noun
· a small table for holding articles of various kinds; "a bedside stand"
5. stand - noun
· a support for displaying various articles; "the newspapers were arranged on a rack"
6. stand - noun
· an interruption of normal activity
7. stand - noun
· a mental position from which things are viewed; "we should consider this problem from the viewpoint of the Russians"; "teaching history gave him a special point of view toward current events"
8. stand - noun
· a booth where articles are displayed for sale
9. stand - noun
· a stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance; "a one-night stand"
10. stand - noun
· tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade)
11. stand - noun
· a platform where a (brass) band can play in the open air
12. stand - noun
· a defensive effort; "the army made a final stand at the Rhone"
13. stand - verb
· be standing; be upright; "We had to stand for the entire performance!"
14. stand - verb
· be in some specified state or condition; "I stand corrected"
15. stand - verb
· occupy a place or location, also metaphorically; "We stand on common ground"
16. stand - verb
· hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright; "I am standing my ground and won't give in!"
17. stand - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
18. stand - verb
· have or maintain a position or stand on an issue; "Where do you stand on the War?"
19. stand - verb
· remain inactive or immobile; "standing water"
20. stand - verb
· be in effect; be or remain in force; "The law stands!"
21. stand - verb
· be tall; have a height of; copula; "She stands 6 feet tall"
22. stand - verb
· put into an upright position; "Can you stand the bookshelf up?"
23. stand - verb
· withstand the force of something; "The trees resisted her"; "stand the test of time"; "The mountain climbers had to fend against the ice and snow"
24. stand - verb
· be available for stud services; "male domestic animals such as stallions serve selected females"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.