1. stand - noun
· a support or foundation; "the base of the lamp"
2. stand - noun
· the position where a thing or person stands
3. stand - noun
· a growth of similar plants (usually trees) in a particular area; "they cut down a stand of trees"
Hypernym(s): vegetation, flora, botany
4. stand - noun
· a small table for holding articles of various kinds; "a bedside stand"
5. stand - noun
· a support for displaying various articles; "the newspapers were arranged on a rack"
6. stand - noun
· an interruption of normal activity
Synonym(s): standstill, tie-up
7. stand - noun
· a mental position from which things are viewed; "we should consider this problem from the viewpoint of the Russians"; "teaching history gave him a special point of view toward current events"
Synonym(s): point_of_view, viewpoint, standpoint
Hypernym(s): position, stance, posture
8. stand - noun
· a booth where articles are displayed for sale
Synonym(s): stall, sales_booth
9. stand - noun
· a stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance; "a one-night stand"
Hypernym(s): stop, stopover, layover
10. stand - noun
· tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood) where people can sit to watch an event (game or parade)
11. stand - noun
· a platform where a (brass) band can play in the open air
Synonym(s): bandstand, outdoor_stage
12. stand - noun
· a defensive effort; "the army made a final stand at the Rhone"
Hypernym(s): defense, defence, defensive_measure
13. stand - verb
· be standing; be upright; "We had to stand for the entire performance!"
14. stand - verb
· be in some specified state or condition; "I stand corrected"
15. stand - verb
· occupy a place or location, also metaphorically; "We stand on common ground"
16. stand - verb
· hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright; "I am standing my ground and won't give in!"
Hypernym(s): resist, hold_out, withstand, stand_firm
17. stand - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
Synonym(s): digest, endure, stick_out, stomach, bear, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put_up
Hypernym(s): permit, allow, let, countenance
18. stand - verb
· have or maintain a position or stand on an issue; "Where do you stand on the War?"
Hypernym(s): evaluate, pass_judgment, judge
19. stand - verb
· remain inactive or immobile; "standing water"
Hypernym(s): stay, remain, rest
20. stand - verb
· be in effect; be or remain in force; "The law stands!"
21. stand - verb
· be tall; have a height of; copula; "She stands 6 feet tall"
22. stand - verb
· put into an upright position; "Can you stand the bookshelf up?"
Synonym(s): stand_up, place_upright
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
23. stand - verb
· withstand the force of something; "The trees resisted her"; "stand the test of time"; "The mountain climbers had to fend against the ice and snow"
Hypernym(s): fight, oppose, fight_back, fight_down, defend
24. stand - verb
· be available for stud services; "male domestic animals such as stallions serve selected females"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.