1. stand_up - verb
· rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
2. stand_up - verb
· refuse to back down; remain solid under criticism or attack
3. stand_up - verb
· put into an upright position; "Can you stand the bookshelf up?"
4. stand_up - verb
· be standing; be upright; "We had to stand for the entire performance!"
5. stand_up - verb
· defend against attack or criticism; "He stood up for his friend"; "She stuck up for the teacher who was accused of harassing the student"
6. stand_up - verb
· resist or withstand wear, criticism, etc.; "Her shoes won't hold up"; "This theory won't hold water"
7. stand_up - verb
· rise up as in fear; "The dog's fur bristled"; "It was a sight to make one's hair uprise!"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.