1. defense - noun
· (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies; "they died in the defense of Stalingrad"; "they were developed for the defense program"
2. defense - noun
· protection from harm; "sanitation is the best defense against disease"
3. defense - noun
· (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring; "his teams are always good on defense"
4. defense - noun
· the justification for some act or belief; "he offered a persuasive defense of the theory"
5. defense - noun
· (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
6. defense - noun
· the federal department responsible for safeguarding national security of the United States; created in 1947
7. defense - noun
· the defendant and his legal advisors collectively; "the defense called for a mistrial"
8. defense - noun
· the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions; "his refutation of the charges was short and persuasive"; "in defense he said the other man started it"
9. defense - noun
· an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack; "he joined the defense against invasion"
10. defense - noun
· a structure used to defend against attack; "the artillery battered down the defenses"
11. defense - noun
· a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
12. defense - noun
· the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury; "a good boxer needs a good defense"; "defense against hurricanes is an urgent problem"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.