1. measure - noun
· any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
2. measure - noun
· how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
3. measure - noun
· a statute in draft before it becomes law; "they held a public hearing on the bill"
4. measure - noun
· the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule; "the measurements were carefully done"; "his mental measurings proved remarkably accurate"
5. measure - noun
· a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "the schools comply with federal standards"; "they set the measure for all subsequent work"
6. measure - noun
· (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
7. measure - noun
· musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats; "the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
8. measure - noun
· measuring instrument having a sequence of marks at regular intervals; used as a reference in making measurements
9. measure - noun
· a container of some standard capacity that is used to obtain fixed amounts of a substance
10. measure - verb
· determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of; "Measure the length of the wall"
11. measure - verb
· express as a number or measure or quantity; "Can you quantify your results?"
12. measure - verb
· have certain dimensions; "This table surfaces measures 20inches by 36 inches"
13. measure - verb
· evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.