1. carry - noun
· the act of carrying something
2. carry - verb
· move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in one's hands or on one's body; "You must carry your camping gear"; "carry the suitcases to the car"; "This train is carrying nuclear waste"; "These pipes carry waste water into the river"
3. carry - verb
· have with oneself; have on one's person; "She always takes an umbrella"; "I always carry money"; "She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains"
4. carry - verb
· transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
5. carry - verb
· serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
6. carry - verb
· bear or be able to bear the weight, pressure,or responsibility of; "His efforts carried the entire project"; "How many credits is this student carrying?"; "We carry a very large mortgage"
7. carry - verb
· support or hold in a certain manner; "She holds her head high"; "He carried himself upright"
8. carry - verb
· contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
9. carry - verb
· extend to a certain degree; "carry too far"; "She carries her ideas to the extreme"
10. carry - verb
· continue or extend; "The civil war carried into the neighboring province"; "The disease extended into the remote mountain provinces"
11. carry - verb
· be necessarily associated with or result in or involve; "This crime carries a penalty of five years in prison"
12. carry - verb
· win in an election; "The senator carried his home state"
13. carry - verb
· include, as on a list; "How many people are carried on the payroll?"
14. carry - verb
· behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
15. carry - verb
· have on hand; "Do you carry kerosene heaters?"
16. carry - verb
· include as the content; broadcast or publicize; "We ran the ad three times"; "This paper carries a restaurant review"; "All major networks carried the press conference"
17. carry - verb
· propel; "Carry the ball"; "dribble the ball"
18. carry - verb
· pass on a communication; "The news was carried to every village in the province"
19. carry - verb
· have as an inherent or characteristic feature or have as a consequence; "This new washer carries a two year guarantee"; "The loan carries a high interest rate"; "this undertaking carries many dangers"; "She carries her mother's genes"; "These bonds carry warrants"; "The restaurant carries an unusual name"
20. carry - verb
· be conveyed over a certain distance; "Her voice carries very well in this big opera house"
21. carry - verb
· keep up with financial support; "The Federal Government carried the province for many years"
22. carry - verb
· have or possess something abstract; "I carry her image in my mind's eye"; "I will carry the secret to my grave"; "I carry these thoughts in the back of my head"; "I carry a lot of life insurance"
23. carry - verb
· be equipped with (a mast or sail); "This boat can only carry a small sail"
24. carry - verb
· win approval or support for; "Carry all before one"; "His speech did not sway the voters"
25. carry - verb
· compensate for a weaker partner or member by one's own performance; "I resent having to carry her all the time"
26. carry - verb
· take further or advance; "carry a cause"
27. carry - verb
· have on the surface or on the skin; "carry scars"
28. carry - verb
· capture after a fight; "The troops carried the town after a brief fight"
29. carry - verb
· transfer (entries) from one account book to another
30. carry - verb
· transfer (a number, cipher, or remainder) to the next column or unit's place before or after, in addition or multiplication; "put down 5 and carry 2"
31. carry - verb
· pursue a line of scent or be a bearer; "the dog was taught to fetch and carry"
32. carry - verb
· bear (a crop); "this land does not carry olives"
33. carry - verb
· propel or give impetus to; "The sudden gust of air propelled the ball to the other side of the fence"
34. carry - verb
· drink alcohol without showing ill effects; "He can hold his liquor"; "he had drunk more than he could carry"
35. carry - verb
· be able to feed; "This land will carry ten cows to the acre"
36. carry - verb
· have a certain range; "This rifle carries for 3,000 feet"
37. carry - verb
· cover a certain distance or advance beyond; "The drive carried to the green"
38. carry - verb
· secure the passage or adoption (of bills and motions); "The motion carried easily"
39. carry - verb
· be successful in; "She lost the game but carried the match"
40. carry - verb
· sing or play against other voices or parts; "He cannot carry a tune"
41. carry - verb
· be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.