1. maintain - verb
· cause to continue in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., `keep clean'; "hold in place"; "She always held herself as a lady"; "The students keep me on my toes"
2. maintain - verb
· keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction; "We preserve these archeological findings"; "The old lady could not keep up the building"; "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage"; "The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts"
3. maintain - verb
· supply with necessities and support; "She alone sustained her family"; "The money will sustain our good cause"; "There's little to earn and many to keep"
4. maintain - verb
· state categorically
5. maintain - verb
· have and exercise; "wield power and authority"
6. maintain - verb
· maintain for use and service; "I keep a car in the countryside"; "She keeps an apartment in Paris for her shopping trips"
7. maintain - verb
· maintain by writing regular records; "keep a diary"; "maintain a record"; "keep notes"
8. maintain - verb
· state or assert; "He maintained his innocence"
9. maintain - verb
· support against an opponent; "The appellate court upheld the verdict"
10. maintain - verb
· stick to correctly or closely; "The pianist kept time with the metronome"; "keep count"; "I cannot keep track of all my employees"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.