1. record - noun
· anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events; "the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques"
2. record - noun
· sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
3. record - noun
· the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had; "at 9-0 they have the best record in their league"
4. record - noun
· the sum of recognized accomplishments; "the lawyer has a good record"; "the track record shows that he will be a good president"
5. record - noun
· a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone; "Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"; "his name is in all the record books"
6. record - noun
· an extreme attainment; the best (or worst) performance ever attested (as in a sport); "he tied the Olympic record"; "coffee production last year broke all previous records"; "Chicago set the homicide record"
7. record - noun
· a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction; "they could find no record of the purchase"
8. record - noun
· a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted; "he ruled that the criminal record of the defendant could not be disclosed to the court"; "the prostitute had a record a mile long"
9. record - verb
· make a record of; set down in permanent form
10. record - verb
· register electronically; "They recorded her singing"
11. record - verb
· indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
12. record - verb
· be aware of; "Did you register any change when I pressed the button?"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.