1. register - noun
· an official written record of names or events or transactions
2. register - noun
· (music) the timbre that is characteristic of a certain range and manner of production of the human voice or of different pipe organ stops or of different musical instruments
3. register - noun
· a book in which names and transactions are listed
4. register - noun
· (computer science) memory device that is the part of computer memory that has a specific address and that is used to hold information of a specific kind
5. register - noun
· an air passage (usually in the floor or a wall of a room) for admitting or excluding heated air from the room
6. register - noun
· a regulator (as a sliding plate) for regulating the flow of air into a furnace or other heating device
7. register - noun
· a cashbox with an adding machine to register transactions; used in shops to add up the bill
8. register - verb
· record in writing; enter into a book of names or events or transactions
9. register - verb
· record in a public office or in a court of law; "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
10. register - verb
· enroll to vote; "register for an election"
11. register - verb
· be aware of; "Did you register any change when I pressed the button?"
12. register - verb
· indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
13. register - verb
· have one's name listed as a candidate for several parties
14. register - verb
· show in one's face; "Her surprise did not register"
15. register - verb
· manipulate the registers of an organ
16. register - verb
· send by registered mail; "I'd like to register this letter"
17. register - verb
· enter into someone's consciousness; "Did this event register in your parents' minds?"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.