1. put_down - verb
· cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place; "set down your bags here"
2. put_down - verb
· put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
3. put_down - verb
· cause to come to the ground; "the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
4. put_down - verb
· reduce in worth or character, usually verbally; "She tends to put down younger women colleagues"; "His critics took him down after the lecture"
5. put_down - verb
· remove (cargo, people, etc.) from and leave; "unload the cargo"; "drop off the passengers at the hotel"
6. put_down - verb
· put (an animal) to death; "The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"; "the sick cat had to be put down"
7. put_down - verb
· put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
8. put_down - verb
· make a record of; set down in permanent form
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.