1. humble - verb
· cause to be unpretentious; "This experience will humble him"
2. humble - verb
· cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of; "He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
3. humble - adjective
· low or inferior in station or quality; "a humble cottage"; "a lowly parish priest"; "a modest man of the people"; "small beginnings"
4. humble - adjective
· marked by meekness or modesty; not arrogant or prideful; "a humble apology"; "essentially humble...and self-effacing, he achieved the highest formal honors and distinctions"- B.K.Malinowski
5. humble - adjective
· used of unskilled work (especially domestic work)
6. humble - adjective
· of low birth or station (`base' is archaic in this sense); "baseborn wretches with dirty faces"; "of humble (or lowly) birth"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.