1. extend - verb
· extend in scope or range or area; "The law was extended to all citizens"; "widen the range of applications"; "broaden your horizon"; "Extend your backyard"
2. extend - verb
· stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point; "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"; "His knowledge doesn't go very far"; "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"; "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
3. extend - verb
· span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years"; "The period covered the turn of the century"; "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"; "This farm covers some 200 acres"; "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles"
4. extend - verb
· make available; provide; "extend a loan"; "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
5. extend - verb
· thrust or extend out; "He held out his hand"; "point a finger"; "extend a hand"; "the bee exserted its sting"
6. extend - verb
· reach outward in space; "The awning extends several feet over the sidewalk"
7. extend - verb
· offer verbally; "extend my greetings"; "He offered his sympathy"
8. extend - verb
· extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body; "Stretch your legs!"; "Extend your right arm above your head"
9. extend - verb
· expand the influence of; "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent"
10. extend - verb
· lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer; "We prolonged our stay"; "She extended her visit by another day"; "The meeting was drawn out until midnight"
11. extend - verb
· extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length; "Unfold the newspaper"; "stretch out that piece of cloth"; "extend the TV antenna"
12. extend - verb
· cause to move at full gallop; "Did you gallop the horse just now?"
13. extend - verb
· open or straighten out; unbend; "Can we extend the legs of this dining table?"
14. extend - verb
· use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity; "He really extended himself when he climbed Kilimanjaro"; "Don't strain your mind too much"
15. extend - verb
· prolong the time allowed for payment of; "extend the loan"
16. extend - verb
· continue or extend; "The civil war carried into the neighboring province"; "The disease extended into the remote mountain provinces"
17. extend - verb
· increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance; "stretch the soup by adding some more cream"; "extend the casserole with a little rice"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.