1. strain - noun
· (physics) deformation of a physical body under the action of applied forces
2. strain - noun
· difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension; "she endured the stresses and strains of life"; "he presided over the economy during the period of the greatest stress and danger"- R.J.Samuelson
3. strain - noun
· a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence; "she was humming an air from Beethoven"
4. strain - noun
· (psychology) nervousness resulting from mental stress; "his responsibilities were a constant strain"; "the mental strain of staying alert hour after hour was too much for him"
5. strain - noun
· a special variety of domesticated animals within a species; "he experimented on a particular breed of white rats"; "he created a new strain of sheep"
6. strain - noun
· (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups; "a new strain of microorganisms"
7. strain - noun
· injury to a muscle (often caused by overuse); results in swelling and pain
8. strain - noun
· the general meaning or substance of an utterance; "although I disagreed with him I could follow the tenor of his argument"
9. strain - noun
· an effortful attempt to attain a goal
10. strain - noun
· an intense or violent exertion
11. strain - noun
· the act of singing; "with a shout and a song they marched up to the gates"
12. strain - verb
· to exert much effort or energy; "straining our ears to hear"
13. strain - verb
· test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!"
14. strain - verb
· use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity; "He really extended himself when he climbed Kilimanjaro"; "Don't strain your mind too much"
15. strain - verb
· separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements; "sift the flour"
16. strain - verb
· cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious; "he got a phone call from his lawyer that tensed him up"
17. strain - verb
· become stretched or tense or taut; "the bodybuilder's neck muscles tensed"; "the rope strained when the weight was attached"
18. strain - verb
· remove by passing through a filter; "filter out the impurities"
19. strain - verb
· rub through a strainer or process in an electric blender; "puree the vegetables for the baby"
20. strain - verb
· alter the shape of (something) by stress; "His body was deformed by leprosy"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.