1. substance - noun
· the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists; "DNA is the substance of our genes"
2. substance - noun
· the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
3. substance - noun
· the idea that is intended; "What is the meaning of this proverb?"
4. substance - noun
· material of a particular kind or constitution; "the immune response recognizes invading substances"
5. substance - noun
· considerable capital (wealth or income); "he is a man of means"
6. substance - noun
· what a communication that is about something is about
7. substance - noun
· the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "wool has more body than rayon"; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
8. substance - noun
· a particular kind or species of matter with uniform properties; "shigella is one of the most toxic substances known to man"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.