1. portion - noun
· something determined in relation to something that includes it; "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"; "the animal constituent of plankton"
Synonym(s): part, component_part, component, constituent
2. portion - noun
· something less than the whole of a human artifact; "the rear part of the house"; "glue the two parts together"
Hypernym(s): object, physical_object
3. portion - noun
· the allotment of some amount by dividing something; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologians"
Hypernym(s): allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
4. portion - noun
· assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
Synonym(s): share, part, percentage
5. portion - noun
· your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
Synonym(s): fortune, destiny, fate, luck, lot, circumstances
6. portion - noun
· money or property brought by a woman to her husband at marriage
Synonym(s): dowry, dowery, dower
7. portion - noun
· an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal; "the helpings were all small"; "his portion was larger than hers"; "there's enough for two servings each"
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
8. portion - verb
· give out; "We were assigned new uniforms"
Hypernym(s): distribute, administer, mete_out, deal, parcel_out, lot, dispense, shell_out, deal_out, dish_out, allot, dole_out
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.