1. separate - noun
· a separately printed article that originally appeared in a larger publication
2. separate - noun
· a garment that can be purchased separately and worn in combinations with other garments
3. separate - verb
· act as a barrier between; stand between; "The mountain range divides the two countries"
4. separate - verb
· force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
Synonym(s): disunite, divide, part
5. separate - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
Synonym(s): distinguish, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell_apart
6. separate - verb
· separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
Synonym(s): divide, split, split_up, dissever, carve_up
7. separate - verb
· divide into components or constituents; "Separate the wheat from the chaff"
8. separate - verb
· arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
Synonym(s): classify, class, sort, assort, sort_out
Hypernym(s): categorize, categorise
9. separate - verb
· make a division or separation
10. separate - verb
· discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
Synonym(s): part, split_up, split, break, break_up
11. separate - verb
· go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
12. separate - verb
· become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
Synonym(s): break, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
13. separate - verb
· treat differently on the basis of sex or race
Synonym(s): discriminate, single_out
Hypernym(s): distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell_apart
14. separate - verb
· come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
15. separate - verb
· divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
Synonym(s): branch, ramify, fork, furcate
16. separate - adjective
· independent; not united or joint; "a problem consisting of two separate issues"; "they went their separate ways"; "formed a separate church"
17. separate - adjective
· standing apart; not attached to or supported by anything; "a freestanding bell tower"; "a house with a separate garage"
18. separate - adjective
· separated according to race, sex, class, or religion; "separate but equal"; "girls and boys in separate classes"
19. separate - adjective
· have the connection undone; having become separate
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.