1. split - noun
· extending the legs at right angles to the trunk (one in front and the other in back)
2. split - noun
· a bottle containing half the usual amount
3. split - noun
· a promised or claimed share of loot or money; "he demanded his split before they disbanded"
4. split - noun
· a lengthwise crack in wood; "he inserted the wedge into a split in the log"
5. split - noun
· an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart; "there was a rip in his pants"; "she had snags in her stockings"
6. split - noun
· an old Croatian city on the Adriatic Sea
7. split - noun
· a dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts
8. split - noun
· (tenpin bowling) a divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl; "he was winning until he got a split in the tenth frame"
9. split - noun
· an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity; "they announced a two-for-one split of the common stock"
10. split - noun
· the act of rending or ripping or splitting something; "he gave the envelope a vigorous rip"
11. split - noun
· division of a group into opposing factions; "another schism like that and they will wind up in bankruptcy"
12. split - verb
· separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
13. split - verb
· separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone"
14. split - verb
· discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
15. split - verb
· go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
16. split - verb
· come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure; "The bubble burst"
17. split - adjective
· having been divided; having the unity destroyed; "Congress...gave the impression of...a confusing sum of disconnected local forces"-Samuel Lubell; "a league of disunited nations"- E.B.White; "a fragmented coalition"; "a split group"
18. split - adjective
· (especially of wood) cut or ripped longitudinally with the grain; "we bought split logs for the fireplace"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.