1. tense - noun
· a grammatical category of verbs used to express distinctions of time
2. tense - verb
· become stretched or tense or taut; "the bodybuilder's neck muscles tensed"; "the rope strained when the weight was attached"
3. tense - verb
· increase the tension on; "alternately relax and tense your calf muscle"; "tense the rope manually before tensing the spring"
4. tense - verb
· become tense, nervous, or uneasy; "He tensed up when he saw his opponent enter the room"
5. tense - verb
· cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious; "he got a phone call from his lawyer that tensed him up"
6. tense - adjective
· in or of a state of physical or nervous tension
7. tense - adjective
· pronounced with relatively tense tongue muscles (e.g., the vowel sound in `beat')
8. tense - adjective
· taut or rigid; stretched tight; "tense piano strings"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.