1. capture - noun
· the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property
2. capture - noun
· a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field
3. capture - noun
· any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle
4. capture - noun
· the act of taking of a person by force
5. capture - noun
· the removal of an opponent's piece from the chess board
6. capture - verb
· succeed in representing or expressing something intangible; "capture the essence of Spring"; "capture an idea"
7. capture - verb
· attract; cause to be enamored; "She captured all the men's hearts"
8. capture - verb
· succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase; "We finally got the suspect"; "Did you catch the thief?"
9. capture - verb
· bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit; "This nucleus has captured the slow-moving neutrons"; "The star captured a comet"
10. capture - verb
· take possession of by force, as after an invasion; "the invaders seized the land and property of the inhabitants"; "The army seized the town"; "The militia captured the castle"
11. capture - verb
· capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping; "I caught a rabbit in the trap today"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.