1. correct - verb
· make right or correct; "Correct the mistakes"; "rectify the calculation"
2. correct - verb
· make reparations or amends for; "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
3. correct - verb
· censure severely; "She chastised him for his insensitive remarks"
Hypernym(s): call_on_the_carpet, take_to_task, rebuke, rag, trounce, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress_down, call_down, scold, chide, berate, bawl_out, remonstrate, chew_out, chew_up, have_words, lambaste, lambast
4. correct - verb
· adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
5. correct - verb
· punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience; "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
6. correct - verb
· go down in value; "the stock market corrected"; "prices slumped"
7. correct - verb
· alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
8. correct - verb
· treat a defect; "The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia"
9. correct - adjective
· free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth; "the correct answer"; "the correct version"; "the right answer"; "took the right road"; "the right decision"
10. correct - adjective
· socially right or correct; "it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye"; "correct behavior"
11. correct - adjective
· in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure; "what's the right word for this?"; "the right way to open oysters"
12. correct - adjective
· correct in opinion or judgment; "time proved him right"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.