1. direct - verb
· command with authority; "He directed the children to do their homework"
2. direct - verb
· intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
3. direct - verb
· guide the actors in (plays and films)
4. direct - verb
· be in charge of
5. direct - verb
· take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
6. direct - verb
· cause to go somewhere; "The explosion sent the car flying in the air"; "She sent her children to camp"; "He directed all his energies into his dissertation"
7. direct - verb
· point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards; "Please don't aim at your little brother!"; "He trained his gun on the burglar"; "Don't train your camera on the women"; "Take a swipe at one's opponent"
8. direct - verb
· lead, as in the performance of a composition; "conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
9. direct - verb
· give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction; "I directed them towards the town hall"
10. direct - verb
· specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
11. direct - verb
· direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
12. direct - verb
· put an address on (an envelope)
13. direct - verb
· plan and direct (a complex undertaking); "he masterminded the robbery"
14. direct - adjective
· direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short; "a direct route"; "a direct flight"; "a direct hit"
15. direct - adjective
· having no intervening persons, agents, conditions; "in direct sunlight"; "in direct contact with the voters"; "direct exposure to the disease"; "a direct link"; "the direct cause of the accident"; "direct vote"
16. direct - adjective
· straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action; "a direct question"; "a direct response"; "a direct approach"
17. direct - adjective
· in a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child; "lineal ancestors"; "lineal heirs"; "a direct descendant of the king"; "direct heredity"
18. direct - adjective
· moving from west to east on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in the same direction as the Earth
19. direct - adjective
· similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity; "a term is in direct proportion to another term if it increases (or decreases) as the other increases (or decreases)"
20. direct - adjective
· (of a current) flowing in one direction only; "direct current"
21. direct - adjective
· being an immediate result or consequence; "a direct result of the accident"
22. direct - adjective
· in precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker; "a direct quotation"; "repeated their dialog verbatim"
23. direct - adjective
· lacking compromising or mitigating elements; exact; "the direct opposite"
24. direct - adverb
· without deviation; "the path leads directly to the lake"; "went direct to the office"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.