1. turn_back - verb
· retrace one's course; "The hikers got into a storm and had to turn back"
2. turn_back - verb
· go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules"
3. turn_back - verb
· force to go away; used both with concrete and metaphoric meanings; "Drive away potential burglars"; "drive away bad thoughts"; "dispel doubts"; "The supermarket had to turn back many disappointed customers"
4. turn_back - verb
· hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
5. turn_back - verb
· turn inside out or upside down
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.