1. return - noun
· document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer's tax liability; "his gross income was enough that he had to file a tax return"
2. return - noun
· a coming to or returning home; "on his return from Australia we gave him a welcoming party"
3. return - noun
· the occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction
4. return - noun
· getting something back again; "upon the restitution of the book to its rightful owner the child was given a tongue lashing"
5. return - noun
· the act of going back to a prior location; "they set out on their return to the base camp"
6. return - noun
· the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property; "the average return was about 5%"
7. return - noun
· happening again (especially at regular intervals); "the return of spring"
8. return - noun
· a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
9. return - noun
· the key on electric typewriters or computer keyboards that causes a carriage return and a line feed
10. return - noun
· a reciprocal group action; "in return we gave them as good as we got"
11. return - noun
· a tennis stroke that sends the ball back to the other player; "he won the point on a cross-court return"
12. return - noun
· (American football) the act of running back the ball after a kickoff or punt or interception or fumble
13. return - noun
· the act of someone appearing again; "his reappearance as Hamlet has been long awaited"
14. return - verb
· go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before; "return to your native land"; "the professor returned to his teaching position after serving as Dean"
15. return - verb
· give back; "render money"
16. return - verb
· go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules"
17. return - verb
· go back to something earlier; "This harks back to a previous remark of his"
18. return - verb
· bring back to the point of departure
19. return - verb
· return in kind; "return a compliment"; "return her love"
20. return - verb
· make a return; "return a kickback"
21. return - verb
· answer back
22. return - verb
· be restored; "Her old vigor returned"
23. return - verb
· pay back; "Please refund me my money"
24. return - verb
· pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
25. return - verb
· elect again
26. return - verb
· be inherited by; "The estate fell to my sister"; "The land returned to the family"; "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
27. return - verb
· return to a previous position; in mathematics; "The point returned to the interior of the figure"
28. return - verb
· give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
29. return - verb
· submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority; "submit a bill to a legislative body"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.