1. movement - noun
· a change of position that does not entail a change of location; "the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"; "movement is a sign of life"; "an impatient move of his hand"; "gastrointestinal motility"
2. movement - noun
· the act of changing location from one place to another; "police controlled the motion of the crowd"; "the movement of people from the farms to the cities"; "his move put him directly in my path"
3. movement - noun
· a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
4. movement - noun
· a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals; "he was a charter member of the movement"; "politicians have to respect a mass movement"; "he led the national liberation front"
5. movement - noun
· a major self-contained part of a symphony or sonata; "the second movement is slow and melodic"
6. movement - noun
· a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
7. movement - noun
· an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object; "the cinema relies on apparent motion"; "the succession of flashing lights gave an illusion of movement"
8. movement - noun
· a euphemism for defecation; "he had a bowel movement"
9. movement - noun
· a general tendency to change (as of opinion); "not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book"; "a broad movement of the electorate to the right"
10. movement - noun
· the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism (as of a watch or clock); "it was an expensive watch with a diamond movement"
11. movement - noun
· the act of changing the location of something; "the movement of cargo onto the vessel"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.