1. counter - noun
· table consisting of a horizontal surface over which business is transacted
2. counter - noun
· game equipment (as a piece of wood, plastic, or ivory) used for keeping a count or reserving a space in various card or board games
3. counter - noun
· a calculator that keeps a record of the number of times something happens
4. counter - noun
· a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers
5. counter - noun
· a person who counts things
6. counter - noun
· a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
7. counter - noun
· (computer science) a register whose contents go through a regular series of states (usually states indicating consecutive integers)
8. counter - noun
· a piece of leather forming the back of a shoe or boot; "a counter may be used to stiffen the material around the heel and to give support to the foot"
9. counter - noun
· a return punch (especially by a boxer)
10. counter - verb
· speak in response; "He countered with some very persuasive arguments"
11. counter - verb
· act in advance of; deal with ahead of time
12. counter - adjective
· indicating opposition or resistance
13. counter - adverb
· in the opposite direction; "run counter"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.