1. refer - verb
· make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
2. refer - verb
· be relevant to; "There were lots of questions referring to her talk"; "My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
3. refer - verb
· think of, regard, or classify under a subsuming principle or with a general group or in relation to another; "This plant can be referred to a known species"
4. refer - verb
· send or direct for treatment, information, or a decision; "refer a patient to a specialist"; "refer a bill to a committee"
5. refer - verb
· seek information from; "You should consult the dictionary"; "refer to your notes"
6. refer - verb
· have as a meaning; "`multi-' denotes `many' "
7. refer - verb
· use a name to designate; "Christians refer to the mother of Jesus as the Virgin Mary"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.