1. grounds - noun
· your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief; "the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
2. grounds - noun
· the enclosed land around a house or other building; "it was a small house with almost no yard"
3. grounds - noun
· a tract of land cleared for some special purposes (recreation or burial etc.)
4. grounds - noun
· a justification for something existing or happening; "he had no cause to complain"; "they had good reason to rejoice"
5. grounds - noun
· dregs consisting of solid particles (especially of coffee) that form a residue; "it is a Middle Eastern custom to read your future in your coffee grounds"
6. ground - noun
· the solid part of the earth's surface; "the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land"; "the earth shook for several minutes"; "he dropped the logs on the ground"
7. ground - noun
· a rational motive for a belief or action; "the reason that war was declared"; "the grounds for their declaration"
8. ground - noun
· the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface; "they dug into the earth outside the church"
9. ground - noun
· a relation that provides the foundation for something; "they were on a friendly footing"; "he worked on an interim basis"
10. ground - noun
· a position to be won or defended in battle (or as if in battle); "they gained ground step by step"; "they fought to regain the lost ground"
11. ground - noun
· the part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground; "he posed her against a background of rolling hills"
12. ground - noun
· material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use); "the land had never been plowed"; "good agricultural soil"
13. ground - noun
· a relatively homogeneous percept extending back of the figure on which attention is focused
14. ground - noun
· a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
15. ground - noun
· (art) the surface (as a wall or canvas) prepared to take the paint for a painting
16. ground - noun
· the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
17. ground - verb
· fix firmly and stably; "anchor the lamppost in concrete"
18. ground - verb
· confine or restrict to the ground; "After the accident, they grounded the plane and the pilot"
19. ground - verb
· place or put on the ground
20. ground - verb
· instruct someone in the fundamentals of a subject
21. ground - verb
· bring to the ground; "the storm grounded the ship"
22. ground - verb
· hit or reach the ground
23. ground - verb
· throw to the ground in order to stop play and avoid being tackled behind the line of scrimmage
24. ground - verb
· hit a groundball; "he grounded to the second baseman"
25. ground - verb
· hit onto the ground
26. ground - verb
· cover with a primer; apply a primer to
27. ground - verb
· connect to a ground; "ground the electrical connections for safety reasons"
28. ground - verb
· use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some observation"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.