1. surface - noun
· the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary; "there is a special cleaner for these surfaces"; "the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface"
2. surface - noun
· the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object; "they skimmed over the surface of the water"; "a brush small enough to clean every dental surface"; "the sun has no distinct surface"
3. surface - noun
· the outermost level of the land or sea; "earthquakes originate far below the surface"; "three quarters of the Earth's surface is covered by water"
4. surface - noun
· a superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something; "it was not what it appeared to be on the surface"
5. surface - noun
· information that has become public; "all the reports were out in the open"; "the facts had been brought to the surface"
6. surface - noun
· a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
7. surface - verb
· come to the surface
8. surface - verb
· put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
9. surface - verb
· appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
10. surface - adjective
· on the surface; "surface materials of the moon"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.