1. covering - noun
· a natural object that covers or envelops; "under a covering of dust"; "the fox was flushed from its cover"
2. covering - noun
· an artifact that covers something else (usually to protect or shelter or conceal it)
3. covering - noun
· the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft"
4. covering - noun
· the act of protecting something by covering it
5. covering - noun
· the work of applying something; "the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; "a complete bleach requires several applications"; "the surface was ready for a coating of paint"
6. cover - verb
· provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
7. cover - verb
· form a cover over; "The grass covered the grave"
8. cover - verb
· span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years"; "The period covered the turn of the century"; "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"; "This farm covers some 200 acres"; "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles"
9. cover - verb
· provide for; "The grant doesn't cover my salary"
10. cover - verb
· act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
11. cover - verb
· include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory; "This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds"; "this should cover everyone in the group"
12. cover - verb
· travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
13. cover - verb
· be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism; "Snow reported on China in the 1950's"; "The cub reporter covered New York City"
14. cover - verb
· hold within range of an aimed firearm
15. cover - verb
· to take an action to protect against future problems; "Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself"
16. cover - verb
· hide from view or knowledge; "The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House"
17. cover - verb
· protect or defend (a position in a game); "he covered left field"
18. cover - verb
· maintain a check on; especially by patrolling; "The second officer covered the top floor"
19. cover - verb
· protect by insurance; "The insurance won't cover this"
20. cover - verb
· make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father"
21. cover - verb
· invest with a large or excessive amount of something; "She covered herself with glory"
22. cover - verb
· help out by taking someone's place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities; "She is covering for our secretary who is ill this week"
23. cover - verb
· be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of; "Is this enough to cover the check?"
24. cover - verb
· spread over a surface to conceal or protect; "This paint covers well"
25. cover - verb
· cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
26. cover - verb
· copulate with a female, used especially of horses; "The horse covers the mare"
27. cover - verb
· put something on top of something else; "cover the meat with a lot of gravy"
28. cover - verb
· play a higher card than the one previously played; "Smith covered again"
29. cover - verb
· be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
30. cover - verb
· sit on (eggs); "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"
31. cover - verb
· clothe, as if for protection from the elements; "cover your head!"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.