1. working - noun
· a mine or quarry that is being or has been worked
2. work - verb
· exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity; "I will work hard to improve my grades"; "she worked hard for better living conditions for the poor"
3. work - verb
· be employed; "Is your husband working again?"; "My wife never worked"; "Do you want to work after the age of 60?"; "She never did any work because she inherited a lot of money"; "She works as a waitress to put herself through college"
4. work - verb
· have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected; "The voting process doesn't work as well as people thought"; "How does your idea work in practice?"; "This method doesn't work"; "The breaks of my new car act quickly"; "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water"
5. work - verb
· perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesn't work anymore"
6. work - verb
· shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal"
7. work - verb
· give a workout to; "Some parents exercise their infants"; "My personal trainer works me hard"; "work one's muscles"; "this puzzle will exercise your mind"
8. work - verb
· proceed along a path; "work one's way through the crowd"; "make one's way into the forest"
9. work - verb
· operate in a certain place, area, or specialty; "She works the night clubs"; "The salesman works the Midwest"; "This artist works mostly in acrylics"
10. work - verb
· proceed towards a goal or along a path or through an activity; "work your way through every problem or task"; "She was working on her second martini when the guests arrived"; "Start from the bottom and work towards the top"
11. work - verb
· move in an agitated manner; "His fingers worked with tension"
12. work - verb
· cause to happen or to occur as a consequence; "I cannot work a miracle"; "wreak havoc"; "bring comments"; "play a joke"; "The rain brought relief to the drought-stricken area"
13. work - verb
· cause to work; "he is working his servants hard"
14. work - verb
· prepare for crops; "Work the soil"; "cultivate the land"
15. work - verb
· behave in a certain way when handled; "This dough does not work easily"; "The soft metal works well"
16. work - verb
· have and exert influence or effect; "The artist's work influenced the young painter"; "She worked on her friends to support the political candidate"
17. work - verb
· operate in or through; "Work the phones"
18. work - verb
· cause to operate or function; "This pilot works the controls"; "Can you work an electric drill?"
19. work - verb
· provoke or excite; "The rock musician worked the crowd of young girls into a frenzy"
20. work - verb
· gratify and charm, usually in order to influence; "the political candidate worked the crowds"
21. work - verb
· make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
22. work - verb
· move into or onto; "work the raisins into the dough"; "the student worked a few jokes into his presentation"; "work the body onto the flatbed truck"
23. work - verb
· make uniform; "knead dough"; "work the clay until it is soft"
24. work - verb
· use or manipulate to one's advantage; "He exploit the new taxation system"; "She knows how to work the system"; "he works his parents for sympathy"
25. work - verb
· find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of; "did you solve the problem?"; "Work out your problems with the boss"; "this unpleasant situation isn't going to work itself out"; "did you get it?"; "Did you get my meaning?"; "He could not work the math problem"
26. work - verb
· cause to undergo fermentation; "We ferment the grapes for a very long time to achieve high alcohol content"; "The vintner worked the wine in big oak vats"
27. work - verb
· go sour or spoil; "The milk has soured"; "The wine worked"; "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
28. work - verb
· arrive at a certain condition through repeated motion; "The stitches of the hem worked loose after she wore the skirt many times"
29. working - adjective
· actively engaged in paid work; "the working population"; "the ratio of working men to unemployed"; "a working mother"; "robots can be on the job day and night"
30. working - adjective
· adequate for practical use; especially sufficient in strength or numbers to accomplish something; "the party has a working majority in the House"; "a working knowledge of Spanish"
31. working - adjective
· adopted as a temporary basis for further work; "a working draft"; "a working hypothesis"
32. working - adjective
· (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing; "in running (or working) order"; "a functional set of brakes"
33. working - adjective
· serving to permit or facilitate further work or activity; "discussed the working draft of a peace treaty"; "they need working agreements with their neighbor states on interstate projects"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.