1. direct - verb
· command with authority; "He directed the children to do their homework"
2. direct - verb
· intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
3. direct - verb
· guide the actors in (plays and films)
4. direct - verb
· be in charge of
5. direct - verb
· take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
6. direct - verb
· cause to go somewhere; "The explosion sent the car flying in the air"; "She sent her children to camp"; "He directed all his energies into his dissertation"
7. direct - verb
· point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards; "Please don't aim at your little brother!"; "He trained his gun on the burglar"; "Don't train your camera on the women"; "Take a swipe at one's opponent"
8. direct - verb
· lead, as in the performance of a composition; "conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
9. direct - verb
· give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction; "I directed them towards the town hall"
10. direct - verb
· specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
11. direct - verb
· direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
12. direct - verb
· put an address on (an envelope)
13. direct - verb
· plan and direct (a complex undertaking); "he masterminded the robbery"
14. directed - adjective
· (often used in combination) having a specified direction; "a positively directed vector"; "goal-directed"
15. directed - adjective
· manageable by a supervising agent; "a directed program of study"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.