1. lift - noun
· the act of giving temporary assistance
2. lift - noun
· the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity
3. lift - noun
· the event of something being raised upward; "an elevation of the temperature in the afternoon"; "a raising of the land resulting from volcanic activity"
4. lift - noun
· a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground
5. lift - noun
· a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill
6. lift - noun
· a device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg
7. lift - noun
· one of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot
8. lift - noun
· lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
9. lift - noun
· plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised; "some actresses have more than one face lift"
10. lift - noun
· transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
11. lift - noun
· a ride in a car; "he gave me a lift home"
12. lift - noun
· the act of raising something; "he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"; "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
13. lift - verb
· raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
14. lift - verb
· take hold of something and move it to a different location; "lift the box onto the table"
15. lift - verb
· move upwards; "lift one's eyes"
16. lift - verb
· move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
17. lift - verb
· make audible; "He lifted a war whoop"
18. lift - verb
· cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
19. lift - verb
· make off with belongings of others
20. lift - verb
· raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
21. lift - verb
· invigorate or heighten; "lift my spirits"; "lift his ego"
22. lift - verb
· raise in rank or condition; "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
23. lift - verb
· take off or away by decreasing; "lift the pressure"
24. lift - verb
· rise up; "The building rose before them"
25. lift - verb
· pay off (a mortgage)
26. lift - verb
· take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech; of intellectual property
27. lift - verb
· take illegally; "rustle cattle"
28. lift - verb
· fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means; "Food is airlifted into Bosnia"
29. lift - verb
· take (root crops) out of the ground; "lift potatoes"
30. lift - verb
· call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs
31. lift - verb
· rise upward, as from pressure or moisture; "The floor is lifting slowly"
32. lift - verb
· put an end to; "lift a ban"; "raise a siege"
33. lift - verb
· remove (hair) by scalping
34. lift - verb
· remove from a seedbed or from a nursery; "lift the tulip bulbs"
35. lift - verb
· remove from a surface; "the detective carefully lifted some fingerprints from the table"
36. lift - verb
· perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.