1. fret - noun
· agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
2. fret - noun
· a spot that has been worn away by abrasion or erosion
3. fret - noun
· an ornamental pattern consisting of repeated vertical and horizontal lines (often in relief); "there was a simple fret at the top of the walls"
4. fret - noun
· a small bar of metal across the fingerboard of a musical instrument; when the string is stopped by a finger at the metal bar it will produce a note of the desired pitch
5. fret - verb
· worry unnecessarily or excessively; "don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now"
6. fret - verb
· be agitated or irritated; "don't fret over these small details"
7. fret - verb
· provide (a musical instrument) with frets; "fret a guitar"
8. fret - verb
· become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
9. fret - verb
· cause annoyance in
10. fret - verb
· gnaw into; make resentful or angry; "The injustice rankled her"; "his resentment festered"
11. fret - verb
· carve a pattern into
12. fret - verb
· decorate with an interlaced design
13. fret - verb
· be too tight; rub or press; "This neckband is choking the cat"
14. fret - verb
· cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
15. fret - verb
· remove soil or rock; "Rain eroded the terraces"
16. fret - verb
· wear away or erode
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.