Dictionary Results for render|
1. render - noun
· a substance similar to stucco but exclusively applied to masonry walls
2. render - verb
· cause to become; "The shot rendered her immobile"
Hypernym(s): make, get
3. render - verb
· give something useful or necessary to; "We provided the room with an electrical heater"
Synonym(s): supply, provide, furnish
4. render - verb
· give an interpretation or rendition of; "The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully"
Hypernym(s): perform, execute, do
5. render - verb
· give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
Synonym(s): yield, return, give, generate
Hypernym(s): produce, make, create
6. render - verb
· pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
Synonym(s): deliver, return
Hypernym(s): communicate, pass_on, pass, pass_along, put_across
7. render - verb
· make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
Hypernym(s): give, gift, present
8. render - verb
· give back; "render money"
9. render - verb
· to surrender someone or something to another; "the guard delivered the criminal to the police"; "render up the prisoners"; "render the town to the enemy"; "fork over the money"
Synonym(s): hand_over, fork_over, fork_out, fork_up, turn_in, deliver
Hypernym(s): pass, hand, reach, pass_on, turn_over, give
10. render - verb
· show in, or as in, a picture; "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
Synonym(s): picture, depict, show
Hypernym(s): represent, interpret
11. render - verb
· coat with plastic or cement; "render the brick walls in the den"
Hypernym(s): coat, surface
12. render - verb
· bestow; "give homage"; "render thanks"
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
13. render - verb
· restate (words) from one language into another language; "I have to translate when my in-laws from Austria visit the U.S."; "Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?"; "She rendered the French poem into English"; "He translates for the U.N."
Synonym(s): translate, interpret
Hypernym(s): repeat, reiterate, ingeminate, iterate, restate, retell
14. render - verb
· melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter"; "render fat in a casserole"
Hypernym(s): melt, run, melt_down
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.