Dictionary Results for reach|
1. reach - noun
· the limits within which something can be effective; "range of motion"; "he was beyond the reach of their fire"
2. reach - noun
· an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"; "a piano has a greater range than the human voice"; "the ambit of municipal legislation"; "within the compass of this article"; "within the scope of an investigation"; "outside the reach of the law"; "in the political orbit of a world power"
Synonym(s): scope, range, orbit, compass, ambit
3. reach - noun
· the act of physically reaching or thrusting out
Synonym(s): reaching, stretch
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move, motility
4. reach - noun
· the limit of capability; "within the compass of education"
Synonym(s): compass, range, grasp
Hypernym(s): capability, capableness, potentiality
5. reach - verb
· reach a destination, either real or abstract; "We hit Detroit by noon"; "The water reached the doorstep"; "We barely made it to the finish line"; "I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts"
Synonym(s): make, attain, hit, arrive_at, gain
6. reach - verb
· reach a point in time, or a certain state or level; "The thermometer hit 100 degrees"; "This car can reach a speed of 140 miles per hour"
Synonym(s): hit, attain
Hypernym(s): arrive, get, come
7. reach - verb
· move forward or upward in order to touch; also in a metaphorical sense; "Government reaches out to the people"
8. reach - verb
· be in or establish communication with; "Our advertisements reach millions"; "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
Synonym(s): get_through, get_hold_of, contact
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
9. reach - verb
· to gain with effort; "she achieved her goal despite setbacks"
Synonym(s): achieve, accomplish, attain
Hypernym(s): succeed, win, come_through, bring_home_the_bacon, deliver_the_goods
10. reach - verb
· to extend as far as; "The sunlight reached the wall"; "Can he reach?"; "The chair must not touch the wall"
Synonym(s): extend_to, touch
11. reach - verb
· reach a goal; "make the first team"; "We made it!"; "She may not make the grade"
Synonym(s): make, get_to, progress_to
Hypernym(s): achieve, accomplish, attain, reach
12. reach - verb
· place into the hands or custody of; "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
Synonym(s): pass, hand, pass_on, turn_over, give
13. reach - verb
· to exert much effort or energy; "straining our ears to hear"
Synonym(s): strive, strain
Hypernym(s): tug, labor, labour, push, drive
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.