Dictionary Results for limit|
1. limit - noun
· the greatest possible degree of something; "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability"
Synonym(s): bound, boundary
2. limit - noun
· final or latest limiting point
Synonym(s): terminus_ad_quem, terminal_point
Hypernym(s): end, ending
3. limit - noun
· as far as something can go
4. limit - noun
· the boundary of a specific area
Synonym(s): demarcation, demarcation_line
Hypernym(s): boundary, bound, bounds
5. limit - noun
· the mathematical value toward which a function goes as the independent variable approaches infinity
Synonym(s): limit_point, point_of_accumulation
6. limit - noun
· the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed; "there are limits on the amount you can bet"; "it is growing rapidly with no limitation in sight"
7. limit - verb
· place limits on (extent or amount or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
Synonym(s): restrict, trammel, bound, confine, throttle
8. limit - verb
· restrict or confine within limits; "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"; "please confine your questions to the topic"; "our actions are circumscribed by our biology, personality, and by the social and cultural context into which we are born"
Synonym(s): circumscribe, confine_to
Hypernym(s): decrease, lessen, minify
9. limit - verb
· decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
Synonym(s): specify, set, determine, define, fix
Hypernym(s): choose, take, select, pick_out
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.