Dictionary Results for contact|
1. contact - noun
· close interaction; "they kept in daily contact"; "they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
2. contact - noun
· the act of touching physically; "her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
Hypernym(s): touch, touching
3. contact - noun
· the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity; "litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
Hypernym(s): connection, link, connectedness
4. contact - noun
· the physical coming together of two or more things; "contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
Synonym(s): impinging, striking
Hypernym(s): happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural_event
5. contact - noun
· a person who is in a position to give you special assistance; "he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
6. contact - noun
· a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
Synonym(s): liaison, link, inter-group_communication
Hypernym(s): channel, communication_channel, line
7. contact - noun
· (electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact; "they forget to solder the contacts"
Hypernym(s): junction, conjunction
8. contact - noun
· a communicative interaction; "the pilot made contact with the base"; "he got in touch with his colleagues"
Hypernym(s): communication, communicating
9. contact - noun
· a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
Hypernym(s): lens, lense, lens_system
10. contact - verb
· be in or establish communication with; "Our advertisements reach millions"; "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
Synonym(s): reach, get_through, get_hold_of
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
11. contact - verb
· be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point"
Synonym(s): touch, adjoin, meet
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.