Dictionary Results for meet|
1. meet - noun
· a meeting at which a number of athletic contests are held
Hypernym(s): athletic_contest, athletic_competition, athletics
2. meet - verb
· come together; "I'll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
Synonym(s): run_into, encounter, run_across, come_across, see
3. meet - verb
· get together socially or for a specific purpose
4. meet - verb
· be adjacent or come together; "The lines converge at this point"
5. meet - verb
· fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction; "does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"; "This job doesn't match my dreams"; "meet a need"
Synonym(s): fit, conform_to, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
6. meet - verb
· collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement"; "Let's gather in the dining room"
Synonym(s): gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
7. meet - verb
· get to know; get acquainted with; "I met this really handsome guy at a bar last night!"; "we met in Singapore"
8. meet - verb
· meet by design; be present at the arrival of; "Can you meet me at the train station?"
Hypernym(s): meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
9. meet - verb
· contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
Synonym(s): encounter, play, take_on
10. meet - verb
· experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
Synonym(s): encounter, receive
Hypernym(s): have, experience
11. meet - verb
· undergo or suffer; "meet a violent death"; "suffer a terrible fate"
Hypernym(s): experience, see, go_through
12. meet - verb
· be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point"
Synonym(s): touch, adjoin, contact
13. meet - adjective
· being precisely fitting and right; "it is only meet that she should be seated first"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.