Dictionary Results for labor|
1. labor - noun
· a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages; "there is a shortage of skilled labor in this field"
Synonym(s): labour, working_class, proletariat
Hypernym(s): class, stratum, social_class, socio-economic_class
2. labor - noun
· productive work (especially physical work done for wages); "his labor did not require a great deal of skill"
Synonym(s): labour, toil
3. labor - noun
· concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child; "she was in labor for six hours"
Synonym(s): parturiency, labour, confinement, lying-in, travail, childbed
Hypernym(s): parturition, birth, giving_birth, birthing
4. labor - noun
· an organized attempt by workers to improve their status by united action (particularly via labor unions) or the leaders of this movement
Synonym(s): labor_movement, trade_union_movement
5. labor - noun
· a political party formed in Great Britain in 1900; characterized by the promotion of labor's interests and formerly the socialization of key industries
Synonym(s): British_Labour_Party, Labour_Party, Labour, Labor
Hypernym(s): labor_party, labour_party
6. labor - noun
· the federal department responsible for promoting the working conditions of wage earners in the United States; created in 1913
Synonym(s): Department_of_Labor, Labor_Department, Labor, DoL
7. labor - noun
· any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted; "he prepared for great undertakings"
Synonym(s): undertaking, project, task
8. labor - verb
· strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
Synonym(s): tug, labour, push, drive
Hypernym(s): fight, struggle
9. labor - verb
· work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
Synonym(s): labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil
Hypernym(s): work, do_work
10. labor - verb
· undergo the efforts of childbirth
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.