1. tug - noun
· a sudden abrupt pull
2. tug - noun
· a powerful small boat designed to pull or push larger ships
3. tug - verb
· pull hard; "The prisoner tugged at the chains"; "This movie tugs at the heart strings"
4. tug - verb
· strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
5. tug - verb
· tow (a vessel) with a tug; "The tugboat tugged the freighter into the harbor"
6. tug - verb
· carry with difficulty; "You'll have to lug this suitcase"
7. tug - verb
· move by pulling hard; "The horse finally tugged the cart out of the mud"
8. tug - verb
· pull or strain hard at; "Each oar was tugged by several men"
9. tug - verb
· struggle in opposition; "She tugged and wrestled with her conflicts"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.