Dictionary Results for tug|
1. tug - noun
· a sudden abrupt pull
Hypernym(s): pull, pulling
2. tug - noun
· a powerful small boat designed to pull or push larger ships
Synonym(s): tugboat, towboat, tower
3. tug - verb
· pull hard; "The prisoner tugged at the chains"; "This movie tugs at the heart strings"
Hypernym(s): attract, pull, pull_in, draw, draw_in
4. tug - verb
· strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
Synonym(s): labor, labour, push, drive
Hypernym(s): fight, struggle
5. tug - verb
· tow (a vessel) with a tug; "The tugboat tugged the freighter into the harbor"
6. tug - verb
· carry with difficulty; "You'll have to lug this suitcase"
Synonym(s): lug, tote
Hypernym(s): transport, carry
7. tug - verb
· move by pulling hard; "The horse finally tugged the cart out of the mud"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
8. tug - verb
· pull or strain hard at; "Each oar was tugged by several men"
Hypernym(s): pull, draw
9. tug - verb
· struggle in opposition; "She tugged and wrestled with her conflicts"
Hypernym(s): contend, fight, struggle
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.