Dictionary Results for jerk|
1. jerk - noun
· a dull stupid fatuous person
2. jerk - noun
· an abrupt spasmodic movement
Synonym(s): jerking, jolt, saccade
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move, motility
3. jerk - noun
· (mechanics) the rate of change of acceleration
4. jerk - noun
· meat (especially beef) cut in strips and dried in the sun
Synonym(s): jerky, jerked_meat
5. jerk - noun
· raising a weight from shoulder height to above the head by straightening the arms
Hypernym(s): weightlift, weightlifting
6. jerk - noun
· a sudden abrupt pull
Hypernym(s): pull, pulling
7. jerk - verb
· pull, or move with a sudden movement; "He turned the handle and jerked the door open"
Hypernym(s): pull, draw
8. jerk - verb
· move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions; "The patient's legs were jerkings"
9. jerk - verb
· make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion; "his face is twitching"
Hypernym(s): move_involuntarily, move_reflexively
10. jerk - verb
· jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
Synonym(s): buck, hitch
11. jerk - verb
· throw or toss with a quick motion; "flick a piece of paper across the table"; "jerk his head"
Hypernym(s): push, force
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.