Dictionary Results for fight|
1. fight - noun
· a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war; "Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga"; "he lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement"
Synonym(s): battle, conflict, engagement
Hypernym(s): military_action, action
2. fight - noun
· the act of fighting; any contest or struggle; "a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
Synonym(s): fighting, combat, scrap
Hypernym(s): conflict, struggle, battle
3. fight - noun
· an aggressive willingness to compete; "the team was full of fight"
4. fight - noun
· an intense verbal dispute; "a violent fight over the bill is expected in the Senate"
Hypernym(s): controversy, contention, contestation, disputation, disceptation, tilt, argument, arguing
5. fight - noun
· a boxing or wrestling match; "the fight was on television last night"
Hypernym(s): boxing, pugilism, fisticuffs
6. fight - verb
· be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight; "the tribesmen fought each other"; "Siblings are always fighting"; "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
Synonym(s): contend, struggle
7. fight - verb
· fight against or resist strongly; "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don't fight it!"
Synonym(s): oppose, fight_back, fight_down, defend
Hypernym(s): contend, fight, struggle
8. fight - verb
· make a strenuous or labored effort; "She struggled for years to survive without welfare"; "He fought for breath"
Hypernym(s): try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
9. fight - verb
· exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
Synonym(s): crusade, press, campaign, push, agitate
Hypernym(s): advertise, advertize, promote, push
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.