Dictionary Results for deliver|
1. deliver - verb
· deliver (a speech, oration, or idea); "The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
Hypernym(s): talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
2. deliver - verb
· bring to a destination, make a delivery; "our local super market delivers"
Hypernym(s): bring, get, convey, fetch
3. deliver - verb
· to surrender someone or something to another; "the guard delivered the criminal to the police"; "render up the prisoners"; "render the town to the enemy"; "fork over the money"
Synonym(s): hand_over, fork_over, fork_out, fork_up, turn_in, render
Hypernym(s): pass, hand, reach, pass_on, turn_over, give
4. deliver - verb
· free from harm or evil
Hypernym(s): save, carry_through, pull_through, bring_through
5. deliver - verb
· hand over to the authorities of another country; "They extradited the fugitive to his native country so he could be tried there"
Synonym(s): extradite, deport
Hypernym(s): expel, throw_out, kick_out
6. deliver - verb
· pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
Synonym(s): render, return
Hypernym(s): communicate, pass_on, pass, pass_along, put_across
7. deliver - verb
· utter (an exclamation, noise, etc.); "The students delivered a cry of joy"
Hypernym(s): utter, emit, let_out, let_loose
8. deliver - verb
· save from sins
Synonym(s): redeem, save
9. deliver - verb
· carry out or perform; "deliver an attack"; "deliver a blow"; "The boxer drove home a solid left"
10. deliver - verb
· relinquish possession or control over; "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
Synonym(s): surrender, cede, give_up
Hypernym(s): give, gift, present
11. deliver - verb
· throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball; "The pitcher delivered the ball"
12. deliver - verb
· cause to be born; "My wife had twins yesterday!"
Synonym(s): give_birth, bear, birth, have
Hypernym(s): produce, bring_forth
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.